A Second Home Tucked Between Mountains, Fields And Seas

8:50 PM

The scent of wood drifted in the cold air, red and orange fluttering against my eyes as curiosity overflowed in my ever restless heart. Standing there amidst stretches of fields, mountains and seas, I found myself taking photos of those moments in my mind, freezing them in my memory.








The vibrant sky seemed to always hover with an air of expectancy -- there's always something new to see with this curious mind of mine. I was in a whole new different place though it felt as if I have been here before. Ah, I felt the same way when I first saw that photograph of the fields on a June day -- I knew I had to be here.

And so on a cold November day, I set forth to live in an unforgettable second home.



It's now February 23, 2019. Months had passed ever since I left that second home. But even now, I could still feel everything I felt there. I am grateful for being able to live in such a beautiful yet humble place as I created illustrations and stories that were inspired by everything that reminded me of Itoshima. 

I do wonder when I'll be able to see all those that I loved in that place, and most of all, the people who became my friends. Soon, I believe. Until that time, cheers, Itoshima.















You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe