Prancing About in Victorian Shoes

3:24 AM

I have always been in love with the Victorian era. I love all the details of their homes: cozy houses filled with little bits and bobs that add warmth to a wallpaper-clad abode. Of course, I couldn't forget the beautiful wardrobe that adorn every person and the little intricate things they carried along with them. And I add to the list not just the architecture and the literature that came along this era, but also the resilience of the lives who lived in such a progressive time that was still quite struggling with the problems that the society of their era faces. Despite all the odds, people still maintained a strong personal constitution that made their lives bearable and enjoyable, even.

Most of my favorite novels came from this period and it is with my great excitement to announce that I am currently working as an illustrator for Petra Pavlikova, an amazing and kind writer on her graphic novel, 'Dark Saviour'. I couldn't stop myself from smiling each time I made the protagonist's character design. Here I was, creating wardrobe and facial expressions of an intriguing Victorian lady! Now I have more excuse to immerse myself in the era that has so influenced who I am today. Yes, counting the numerous times I sang (and shivered) songs from Sweeney Todd or the songs from Oliver! 

And speaking of Sweeney Todd, I've been so fascinated about the tales that were told in this time. The balance of horror and humanity in the penny dreadfuls always pull me in. So, getting myself involved in Petra's story is more of a delight and a wonder to dear old me. 

Here are some of the illustrations I did for the protagonist's character design, from her physiognomy and countenance (I've always wanted to say this) and her wardrobe. 

Here is the link to Petra's blog as well as her Instagram and Twitter. She is also on Goodreads, my dear fellows. 

Blog: https://hazelthewitch.blogspot.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/shilohova
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/forestvixen/
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7058920.Petra_Pavlikova




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe