Days spent busily creating curiosities and feeling all kinds of feelings

8:04 PM


 Hello everyone!

It has been a while since I posted on this blog...well that seems to be my go to opener in every blog post I make each time I go awol from here and trying to do a good comeback post. Ha.

Anyways, I would love to say that I have been busy creating new curiosities for myself. Most of my updates are posted on my instagram account at @marielisthename. For longer posts, I usually post here. And to be quite frank, I haven't found much to talk about hence the shorter posts on instagram and twitter. However it is not for a lack of anything to say but of not having the desire to expound much on what I've been up to or what I have been feeling lately.

When 2021 had arrived, I have been feeling quite...how should I describe this...pondersome or ponderous? Hah, none of these are even a word. Let me check. Ah well they are. What luck. So that is the summary of my feelings lately. I have been and still am a well of emotions and a deep one at that. However ponderous is the most that I have been feeling. Quite a fierce feeling to be honest, especially if I get pondersome in the middle of the night. 

Creating things has been a beautiful blessing though. Creating for myself has its perks despite being my very own strict boss who expects nothing but the best in everything that I do. Ideas have been swirling in my head and I couldn't keep up with them in a pace I would have wanted to pursue them. I've been slow in creating them, always over-thinking things and nitpicking even on the smallest of details. I need to learn how to be kinder to the process of creation. And so I did. Carefully I focus on one thing at a time, trying to understand what I wanted out of every thing I make. How do I feel about it? Something like that. 

To create something meaningful even just to my own person is wonderful and I understand that this won't always be the case. I am grateful

Matcha, my cozy darling paper doll has been the focus of my efforts and time these past few weeks. I can't help but feel giddy as I cut and put together the pieces that make her up. Like a child, I devoured every whimsical moment I have with her: cutting the paper, checking her clothes and props, loving every bit of her home I made with so much love and attention. 

In the next few weeks I shall be making more of her paper dolls.

One step at a time, slowly but surely. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe