Hidden

9:27 PM





Hide behind the bushes, I thought. But she wanted to have a look at the strange ones. Her eyes widened and a soft smile danced upon her lips as she observed the peculiars with a strong curiosity that I was sure, if curiosity had a scent, it would have lingered in the air like a thick veil of fog hanging above the marshes where we lived. They did not see her nor I, for they never really do "see” -- they only see what they want and choose to see. It was their curse, or so they say. And ours is that no matter how much we want to be found, we will always remain hidden, lost in plain sight until the ones who are meant to see us will do so. With intense longing, I wondered when that time will be. Until then, the veil remains. 

Hidden, a remake of my 2016 illustration

~~~

I've always loved soft palettes. When I was young, I loved looking at dainty little porcelain figurines with their equally dainty colors upon their fluffy porcelain fur and beady eyes. I liked the way they seem to 'hover' in the light, the soft colors emanating some sort of memory that was theirs but was being shared with me. This palette reminds me of my childhood days and now, I could feel the whimsy returning. I've been told to use more bright and vivid colors and I have done so. Though currently, these soft pastels are making a comeback and I'm more than happy to welcome them home. Perhaps the softness has something to do with my current state of mind? I'm not so sure. 

There is much work to be done -- the zine, stickers, the folklore book, graphic novels, character designs and of course, my Japanese lessons.

Let's do our best! <3 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe